You are passionate about building robust, efficient, and maintainable software, you have a number of years of experience as a Quality Engineer and you would like to move your career to the next level.
We’re a leading employee success platform who geeks out about all things workplace, brings people together, loves our craft, relishes challenge, and makes things easy.
If this sounds like a good match, it could be the start of something amazing for us both!
We’re looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team and build their development skills as part of an integrated development team. We have a highly collaborative environment which will allow you to experience all aspects of development. You will receive mentorship coaching and will provide assistance to more junior team members as they grow.
Working at Jostle is about building connections, improving skills, and learning from each other. Here you’ll find inspiring teammates and meaningful work. If you want to be challenged and have fun, while being supported by people who care about your growth, let’s talk.
This is a full-time permanent position open to candidates located in Canada, working hybrid from home and in our Vancouver office. Come join us—we’re excited to meet you and thank you for considering Jostle!
- Starting from the initial product specification, in collaboration with the developers, prepare an overall approach to testing a feature prior to release and into the future.
- Develop and document test cases.
- Determine the appropriate test type for each test.
- Coordinate the development of the automated tests.
- Perform manual testing and evaluation on the new feature.
- Test new features following a timely and efficient process.
- Identify, replicate, investigate, report, and verify bugs.
- Collaborate with developers, dev ops, designers, product managers and other team members to deliver high quality features.
- Manage releases of microservices.
- Become a subject matter expert in specific product domains.
- Develop new, and maintain existing automation test suites.
- Improve processes and procedures.
- Smart, hard-working, flexible, and productive.
- Organized, with good time management skills.
- Great interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills.
- Some software programming experience.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Ability to analyze business requirements into test cases, manual and automated.
- Ability to diagnose and identify problems and clearly document the steps to reproduce.
- At least 2 years working in a software QA role.
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML would be considered an asset.
- Past work experience with Java, Selenium & XML would be an asset.
- Experience with Jmeter/Load testing would be considered an asset.
- Python coding experience would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Git, Gitlab, and/or CI/CD would be considered an asset.
- Prior experience with Docker would be considered an asset.
- Exposure to distributed systems would be considered an asset.
- Some database skills (SQL, NoSQL) would be considered an asset.
What we offer:
- A collaborative and friendly workplace online and in our Vancouver office.
- Flex time.
- Extended health and dental benefits (including mental health support).
- Stock options.
- A variety of learning & training options.
- Leadership workshops.
- Frequent socials.
Jostle helps leaders build connected organizations so that everyone at work can unite and grow together. We do this with our turnkey employee success platform and our online knowledge communities, both of which help leaders lead. Our approach works: Jostle’s success platform is the go-to place for our customers’ employees, delivering industry-leading employee participation rates. Since 2009, we’ve helped over 1,000 organizations connect their people. Find out more at jostle.me.