Senior Java Developer
You’re a seasoned UI Developer, with experience leading others that is passionate about building robust, efficient and maintainable software.
We’re a leading employee success platform that geeks out about all things workplace, brings people together, loves our craft, relishes challenge, and makes things easy.
If this sounds like a good match, it could be the start of something amazing for us both!
Jostle’s employee success platform is where everyone connects, communicates, and celebrates at work. It’s the heartbeat of our own company and has helped employees in over 1,000 organizations easily belong and contribute, anywhere, anytime. With industry-leading participation rates, we’re putting the joy into work and the life into organizations.
We’re looking for someone with experience to join us as a Senior UI Developer and Team Lead that wants to push their skills to the next level while working within a multi-faceted team. As a team lead you will be responsible for the career development of a group of developers. As a senior member of the development team you will have a key role in determining our technical roadmap, and will be responsible for helping other developers with their implementation plans. In all these activities you will be working with a multi-disciplinary team, participating at all stages from concept thru deployment, and helping to ensure the delivery of quality features to our customers.
Working at Jostle is about building connections, improving skills, and learning from each other. Here you’ll find inspiring teammates and meaningful work. If you want to be challenged and have fun, while being supported by people who care about your growth, let’s talk.
This is a full-time permanent position open to candidates located in Canada, working hybrid from home and in our Vancouver office. Come join us—we’re excited to meet you and thank you for considering Jostle!
Mentors and coaches UI developers, improving their skill level while enhancing our codebase.
Responsible for the career development of a group of developers.
Designs, codes, and debugs complex artifacts for a variety of applications.
Development of UI side components, libraries and patterns to support rapid development of new features.
Active participant in improving our infrastructure for developing and deploy UI code.
Propose and advocate for design changes that will make the product more robust
Collaborate with other team members, providing guidance and assistance
Improve our processes and procedures
- Deep understanding of NodeJS based projects, with experience configuring bundlers and test runners.
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat (or other J2EE servers), MySQL (or other SQL databases).
- Strong understanding of engineering/software architecture principles and patterns.
- At least 10 years hands-on experience building enterprise grade solutions.
- Collaborative individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Passion for Software Development & problem solving.
- Experience with any of Redux, GraphQL, Yarn Workspaces and Storybook would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Java would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Docker and/or microservices would be considered an asset.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure would be considered an asset
What we offer:
- A collaborative and friendly workplace online and in our Vancouver office.
- Extended health and dental benefits (including mental health support).
- Stock options.
- A variety of learning & training options.
- Lunch n Learns.
- Leadership workshops.
- Frequent socials.
Jostle’s employee success platform is where everyone connects, communicates, and celebrates at work. It’s the heartbeat of our own company and has helped employees in over 1,000 organizations easily belong and contribute, anywhere, anytime. With industry-leading participation rates, we’re putting the joy into work and the life into organizations. Find out more at jostle.me.